Speechless in Bangkok

A good speech can change the world. A bad speech just takes up everybody's time.

My name is Jakkrit Srivali. For the past decade and a half, I've been writing and editing speeches for the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I'm still learning.

Writing speeches is not only about mastery of language. It also draws upon a multitude of other skills. Come discuss them with me, and let's improve our speechwriting together.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Welcome to my speechwriting blog!

This blog is an extension of a project that I recently initiated at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs: an informal "speechwriting study group" for colleagues who wish to improve their English writing skills.

This blog won't necessarily limit itself to writing. After all, speechwriting requires a wide range of skills other than linguistic fluency.

Through this blog, I hope to provide you over the coming months (and years?) with tips on speechwriting, questions for you to ponder (and that I haven't figured out), and assorted materials that I hope will be useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Medical Billing Software
Medical Billing Software